They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. -- Isa. 40:31

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Angels in the Aisles - A Child's Eye View

by Kevin McClarty 
 
   My father, mother and I were returning home from Vancouver, British Columbia. It was my mother's first flight ever. (We had rented a car and driven up and were flying home). Our flight was on a United Airlines DC8, a large, 4 engine jet.  It was 1967. My sister was away at college.

   It was not my first flight, my one prior flight having been on a private plane. It was, however, my first flight in a large, commercial jet. I remember how excited I was while walking around the airport, listening to the planes and watching the flight attendants get ready to depart. I remember how important it was to me to be by a window. And so there I sat, watching the plane taxi out to the runway and listening to the engines roar. I remember listening intently while the stewardess explained the oxygen mask procedures, not knowing that just a few minutes later we would be doing it for real. Click here for the rest of the story: http://mcclartyaircrash.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog